Course Aims and Objectives:
This course aims to educate learners about the CQC regulations and government laws that protect people with autism and learning difficulties. It will also explore the challenges those with autism and learning disabilities face, including stigma and discrimination, and how services can create a culture of person-centred care by making reasonable adjustments for service users and teams.
The course introduces:
• CQC regulations and government laws that protect us.
• Autism and the challenges people with autism face.
• Different types of learning disabilities and how these affect people.
• Neurotypical v Neurodiversity
• Mental health conditions and how autism and learning disabilities can lead to mental health conditions.
• The stigma and discrimination faced by many people with autism and learning disabilities.
• Person-centred care, creating the right culture and making reasonable adjustments within your service for your service users and your teams.
This course is suitable for employers, managers and employees.
Learning Duration: 60 minutes
Format: Text with graphics