Our Human Rights
Do you know what your human rights are?
Are you worried your human rights are being breached?
Human rights are the basic rules of humanity for people all over the world. Human rights protect our natural rights and freedoms that belong to us from the day we are born until we die. No one is exempt from these rights and no one can take them away from us. Human rights are fundamental in protecting the way we live, to keep us safe from abuse and harm.
Our Human Rights’ is a 60-minute training course designed to give you a clear understanding of the human rights that belong to every one of us.
We will look at some historical events that led to the development of human rights and some inspirational, motivational leaders and activists that helped carve the human rights we have today. We will also look at how the Human Rights Act 1998 is applied to domestic law in the UK.
Video with narration, multiple choice questions.
Quiz with 20 questions
Our Human Rights is a 60-minute training course designed to give you a clear understanding of the human rights that belong to every one of us.
During the course you will learn what human rights are and how they were shaped throughout history.
You will learn about the Human Rights Act 1998 and how this is applied to domestic law in the UK.
You will learn some of the reasons why human rights are still breached and how we could potentially combat the problem, together. If you understand human rights and how they serve us, you will also understand how to use these rights to exercise against injustice, keeping people safe.
This course is suitable for everyone wishing to learn more about human rights in the UK.
1. Understand the meaning and importance of equality and human rights values.
2. Gain a clear understanding of human rights under UK law.
3. Understand the three main effects of the Human Rights Act 1998.
4. Learn why human rights are necessary.
5. Learn about the formation of the human rights law and motivation leaders involved in the drafting committees.
6. Learn who should comply with and uphold human rights.
7. Understand the difference between rights that are absolute, justified and limited.
8. Know some of the reasons why human rights are breached.
9. Understand human rights and how they serve us and understand how to use these rights to exercise against injustice, keeping people safe.
Why choose us?
Equal, diverse and inclusive learning
The tida team aim to deliver high-quality, interesting online training courses so that you can:
- Enhance your workplace skills and knowledge.
- Develop competence and confidence in your job role and in society.
- Strive for and maintain positive relationships within your workplace and community.
- Feel included in all aspects of your life.
- Assist others to feel included.
At tida, we respect that everyone learns differently. Therefore, we have incorporated text with visuals and professional audio into our training videos.
Our courses are accessible to everyone.
Paving the way for change
Tida is more than just a training provider; we are a community of like-minded people on a mission to enlighten and empower people. We believe that by giving people the facts, they can take positive action for themselves and our society, helping to break down unfair treatment barriers and loss of opportunities that so many people unfairly face.
To help others challenge their limiting beliefs, we take a holistic and anti-bias approach and infuse the transformative power of yoga, meditation and general well-being in the core of tida. This allows us to instil positive self-esteem and confidence in those we work with.
What will you get from us?
We will provide you with:
- Educational videos with a professional voiceover.
- Course certificate upon passing the questions.
- Course achievement badge that is stored in your training dashboard.
- Resources and PDF workbooks to download to support your learning.
You will have 365 days to complete the course, and you can save and return to your course progress as many times as you wish.
Our training courses are reviewed every 12 months and in line with current legislation and guidelines.
Courses may be updated more frequently during guideline advice changes.
We are committed to Quality Assurance.
Our Human Rights
Course Reference Sources
Our Human Rights
Your Reflective Learning Workbook
Course Feedback and Reflective Learning
Your course includes
Our course material is both current and relevant; verified by leaders in the industry.
We use a combination of text, imagery, videos and presentations to help you get the most out of this course.
Reflective learning PDF available upon completion of the course.
Upon completion of the course you are required to complete a short feedback survey.
Frequently asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course begins when you are ready. Although the course duration is 60 minutes, you can work at your own pace, and your progress is saved automatically.
How long do I have access to the course?
After registering for the course, you have 365 days to access the course.
Does the course have a test?
Yes. There is a short assessment at the end of the course. You must achieve 80% or more to pass the course. If you do not pass, you have the opportunity to review the content and re-take the assessment when you are ready.
Does the course offer a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a personalised certificate. This is saved to your personal dashboard. You can download and print this certificate when you require it. In addition, you are also credited with a digital badge that will feature in your personal dashboard.