Workplace: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Does your workplace promote equality, diversity and inclusion?
Do you feel valued, respected and included in your workplace?
Are you a victim of discrimination at work?
Equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace are vital to building a harmonious team where everyone feels respected and valued. Promoting an inclusive environment also allows acceptance and understanding towards those around us and the wider community. This gives everyone a basis to build a successful career without fear of discrimination. It also creates a positive working ethos and offers the opportunity for progression if desired.
Equality laws are in place in the UK to ensure that everyone is treated fairly, with respect and that no one is discriminated against because of their protected characteristics.
Our training course is designed to give you a clear understanding of what equality, diversity and inclusion mean to us all and how we can achieve this together at home, in the community and in our workplaces.
This course is suitable for anyone wishing to learn more about equality, diversity and inclusion, especially employers, managers and employees.
Video with narration, multiple choice questions.
Quiz with 20 questions
This training course is designed to give you a clear understanding of what equality, diversity and inclusion means to us all, and how we can achieve this together at home, in the community and in our workplaces.
During the course you will learn what equality, diversity and inclusion means to all of us. You will learn how stereotyping and prejudice can lead to discrimination and other unwanted behaviour. You will learn about the different types of discrimination and how discriminatory views are formed in the first place.
The course will cover the equality laws in the UK and how we must abide by them in the workplace. You will learn about your role and your employer’s role to ensure equality, diversity and inclusion is promoted and upheld.
This course is suitable for employers, managers and employees.
1. Understand the meaning and importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace and our society.
2. Gain a clear understanding of bias, prejudice and stereotyping.
3. Learn what discrimination is and the different types of discrimination.
4. Learn about equality laws and the nine protected characteristics under the Equality Act 2010.
5. Know your role at work and the role of your employer.
6. Understand that everyone has workplace rights.
7. Know the difference between positive action and positive discrimination.
8. Understand how you can raise a grievance if you are a victim of discrimination.
9. Have a clear understanding of where you can get support and build your resilience if you are a victim of discrimination.
Why choose us?
Equal, diverse and inclusive learning
The tida team aim to deliver high-quality, interesting online training courses so that you can:
- Enhance your workplace skills and knowledge.
- Develop competence and confidence in your job role and in society.
- Strive for and maintain positive relationships within your workplace and community.
- Feel included in all aspects of your life.
- Assist others to feel included.
At tida, we respect that everyone learns differently. Therefore, we have incorporated text with visuals and professional audio into our training videos.
Our courses are accessible to everyone.
Paving the way for change
Tida is more than just a training provider; we are a community of like-minded people on a mission to enlighten and empower people. We believe that by giving people the facts, they can take positive action for themselves and our society, helping to break down unfair treatment barriers and loss of opportunities that so many people unfairly face.
To help others challenge their limiting beliefs, we take a holistic and anti-bias approach and infuse the transformative power of yoga, meditation and general well-being in the core of tida. This allows us to instil positive self-esteem and confidence in those we work with.
What will you get from us?
We will provide you with:
- Educational videos with a professional voiceover.
- Course certificate upon passing the questions.
- Course achievement badge that is stored in your training dashboard.
- Resources and PDF workbooks to download to support your learning.
You will have 365 days to complete the course, and you can save and return to your course progress as many times as you wish.
Our training courses are reviewed every 12 months and in line with current legislation and guidelines.
Courses may be updated more frequently during guideline advice changes.
We are committed to Quality Assurance.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Course Reference Sources Equality
Workplace: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Your reflective learning workbook
Course Feedback and Reflective Learning
Your course includes
Our course material is both current and relevant; verified by leaders in the industry.
We use a combination of text, imagery, videos and presentations to help you get the most out of this course.
Reflective learning PDF available upon completion of the course.
Upon completion of the course you are required to complete a short feedback survey.
Frequently asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course begins when you are ready. Although the course duration is 60 minutes, you can work at your own pace, and your progress is saved automatically.
How long do I have access to the course?
After registering for the course, you have 365 days to access the course.
Does the course have a test?
Yes. There is a short assessment at the end of the course. You must achieve 80% or more to pass the course. If you do not pass, you have the opportunity to review the content and re-take the assessment when you are ready.
Does the course offer a certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be awarded a personalised certificate. This is saved to your personal dashboard. You can download and print this certificate when you require it. In addition, you are also credited with a digital badge that will feature in your personal dashboard.